I am pretty new to the blogging world. Just a baby, really. I’ve just recently started posting on a regular basis. So to hear that someone even reads my posts, not just once but often, is surprising. To be given an award is downright shocking, and to be given two is definitely NOT good for my head size.
Not only am I amazed to receive the awards, I am honored to receive them from someone who’s blog I like to read, fellow blogger and aspiring writer, Zakia, at iHijinx. I don’t feel like I’ve earned these yet, but thank you so much.
Enough of the head swelling. Time to get down to business. Turns out there are rules to these things.
- Display the award certificates on your website
- Announce your win with a post and a link to whoever presented your award
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
One, done. Two, done. Three, hmm, that’s a little more difficult.
- I love watching movies but, if it started as a book, I almost always prefer the written version.
- I learned sign language from a deaf couple so I could interpret worship services for them. Signing songs is a lot more fun than signing someones speech.
- I’ve been SCUBA certified since I was 15.
- I taught myself how to play guitar so I could teach my daughter how to play hers. Now she plays the violin instead.
- I learned how to make my favorite dessert, creme brulee, so I could have it anytime I want.
- I’m sickeningly good at memorizing numbers. Probably why I’m so good at my day job.
- I love the feeling I get when I create something new or finish a project. I can’t wait to share it with someone but I’m also afraid to share it at the same time.
Now, for the real fun. Presenting awards to bloggers I like to read.
- Ned’s Blog
- Honie Briggs
- The Musings & Artful Blunders of Scott S. Southard
- No Wasted Ink
- Literature and Libation
- Kate MacNicol’s Blog
- Autumn Macarthur
- …the House I Live in…
- Canadian Hiking Photography
- Jump For Joy
- Mom At Work
- Scribbling Tales
- Screenwriter On Location
Each one of these blogs offers something unique and I like them for very different reasons. They make me laugh, or think, or reflect, or learn. I look forward to posts from all of them and would like to say thank you to each blogger for their time and effort.